8.07.2008

6 months already!

Well, the time has come when we need to get rid of Ray. Ray is our 5 year old cat that I picked up from a shelter when we lived in Connecticut. She was riding in the coat pocket of the veterinarian and I just thought it was adorable.

Neither Bill or I are really cat people. Living on college campuses limits your pet possibilities, so we decided we could learn to like cats. Ray has been great. Bill has trained her to be as dog-like as possible. She runs to the door when he comes home at night and even plays fetch! But unfortunately, she's not really into Cole.

Sometime during my pregnancy, I think Ray figured out she soon wouldn't be the only baby in the house. I wasn't able to bend down much and pet or play with her and I started to get cranky with her sleeping on me or near me. . .Bill and I started restricting the area the cats could have in the house. And Ray has fought back.

Currently she is going outside of her litter box, which we think is for attention. You can imagine how that is not okay around a baby. We've tried darned near everything to get her to stop, to no avail. So we've finally made the decision that we have to find a new home for her.

In the past three days I've called every shelter within 50 miles. None have room. I've called Kitty Angels, and Feline Friends and Cat Corners and every other silly little name for places that love taking cats. No takers. I've put ads on Craigslist and fliers at vet offices. Nothing.

So I tried Pet Finder.com. I seriously suggest to any pet seekers out there to stay away from this wacko site. Our ad has been up for less than 12 hours, and here is a sampling of responses I've received: (I have not altered these in any way)

HELLO,
HOW ARE YOU DOING ,I GUESS FINE.
AM DONITA FROM WASHINGTON ..
AM A PET LOVERS AND MY FAMILY,I ALSO HAVE 2 KIDS
WHICH ARE FROM 15YRS AND 18YRS OLD.
AM INTRESTED IN BUYING YOUR PET", .. NOW.

WE ACTUALLY LOST OUR ANIMAL BECAUSE OF HIS AGE BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN KEEPING HIM FOR OVER 9 YRS NOW AND OUR VET TOLD US THAT HE DIED DUE TO HIS OLD AGE AND WE BELIVE THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO HUMAN BEINGS TOO.

I HAVE A PASSION AND CARE FOR PET.I SPENT MUCH OF MY TIME TAKING CARE OF MY LOST PET AND I LOST HER ON MY WAY TAKING HER TO VET CLINIC FOR NEUTURE, SINCE THEN LIVE HAS BEEN UNBEARABLE FOR MY FAMILY ESPECIALLY MY DAUGHTER WHO CARE FOR PET MORE THAT ANYTHING SHE DOES.

Oh my goodness. I know I want to get rid of my cat but I can't give her to someone who can't speak well. . .or lost their cat on the way to the vet. . .or worse yet. . ."believes" that human beings die, also?!? Who are these people?

We have some fantastic family and friends helping us look for potential new owners too. So that's at least comforting. Hopefully we'll find someone soon because Cole really likes the cat lately. He laughs every time she comes near him and tries to pull her tail when it's in reach!





In actual Cole news. . .we got him one of these exersaucers this past week. This thing had 20 toys that clipped into the top tray. When we put Cole in it, he spun around, looked at all the blinking, flashing, noisy, bright toys in his face and had a meltdown. So we took all but 2 out and he enjoyed it much more. In fact, he spends most of the time trying to grab the little farm characters printed on the seat! Perfect.





Bill said he can't believe how our living room (and every other room, actually) has turned into Romper Room. This kid sure does have everything!





And of course. . .a shot of the piggies. . .


Next week, we see Dr. M. for Cole's 6 month check up. We'll also be getting the green light to start eating! How exciting! We'll keep you posted.

No comments: