12.23.2008

Am I psyched about this seat or what?

I can't remember the last time I've been so excited about something that is absolutely not for me.

A good buddy got us a fantastic deal on a Britax Boulevard convertible car seat for Cole and it arrived in the mail yesterday! I would give her public praise and share her name, location, and other stats with you. . .but I'm afraid you'll bother her for amazing deals of your own. . .so let's just say "I know people." That sounds way cooler, anyway.

So I've been doing research (of course I have) on car seats for awhile now. . .which one do we want. . .when will Cole need the upgrade. . .will it fit in my 2 door coupe (which we're still not getting rid of). . .and that's when I came across the Cadillac of all car seats.

Besides being absolutely gigantic (don't worry. . .I measured the Subaru). . .it's more plush and cushy than any adult sized chair I have in this house. In fact, when we unwrapped it yesterday, Cole climbed right in, found his snack trap filled with Cheerios. . . and started watching the news. Perfect! More importantly, Britax has one of the highest safety records and folks everywhere swear by the comfort and safety of this seat. It'd better be that good considering the original price tag! ;-)

Hopefully Cole's new Britax will mark the end of his "extreme distaste for riding in the car." His car seat now sits low in the bucket seats of the car, and he can't see much, and I think the extra height will allow him to check out what's going by the windows. . .finally.


I took pictures for you. Just in case you wanted to get just as excited about the seat as I have.











Cole has also gotten his top two teeth in the last couple of weeks. It really makes him look different when he laughs or smiles. He's also constantly trying to feel them with his lips so he "pouts" to get the teeth on his bottom lip.


I tried to get a little picture for you. . .but this is a close as I got:


1 comment:

Life with Emerson and Marleaux said...

Love the new seat. Now put that in the car and let him ride in style, rear facing of course for as long as you can.