12.07.2008

new teeth + no sleep = an empty bottle of chianti

Cole has a new tooth! That's the only happy part of that news. . .the rest. . .has made for a tough few days.

Bill and I are walking around the house in sleep deprived vegetative states; reminiscent of those first few weeks with our little man. Cole has refused to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time all week. He doesn't want to be held, but he doesn't want to be put down. . .and he is biting everything and everyone around him.

He's a big fan of these teething biscuits I found for him. Just to see what they were like I tried to bite one. . .and couldn't. Cole had the biscuit in pieces within a minute! I've been freezing thick carrots to give him to suck and bite on and that seems to work, too.

This tooth will make his first on the top and has just broken the surface of the gums yesterday. There's another on the top that I can feel budding through as well . . .so I'm sure his restless biting will continue for some time.

Making matters worse, he has a pretty nasty cold to top it off. He can't breathe when he's eating, which makes him cry, which makes his nose run more, which makes him cry. . . repeat. . .repeat. . .repeat at 2:30 a.m.. . . repeat at 4:30 a.m. . . .which makes me cry. . .which makes my nose run. . .

In positive news, he's mastered crawling away from me at top speed the second he sees the bulb syringe approaching.

The house smells like eucalyptus. Humidifiers are going at a constant full speed. . .boxes of Kleenex on every table. . .it must be winter. The only time he's been sick is exactly one day after we've seen other kids. . .if only we could keep him in a bubble. ;-)

Cole did manage to play a little guitar with his dad yesterday. . .Bill pulls out the guitar and plays a little for him and he joins in. Cole actually cries when guitar time is over! At his request, Bill is not in the video. . .so don't tell me I'm horrible for only focusing on the kid.

It's a bit grainy and dark because the only light on was the Christmas tree, but I think it looks more rock star that way.


No comments: