9.08.2009

fainting spells for labor day!

If it's from the Disney movie 'Cars'. . .it's probably made it's way into our home. . .sigh. Cole is relaxing on his new beanbag. . .



In all my excitement to tell you about the kitchen heist. . .I forgot to let you know about my fiasco at the park last week! I know, I know. . .the park and I don't seem to mix.


The quick version is that Cole and I went to the park last Friday afternoon to try and release some of this pent up energy this kid constantly has stored up. . .and I passed out! I actually fainted.

It wasn't overly warm, and yes, I had eaten (albeit a doughnut and a piece of cherry pie) and I wasn't chasing him all over because we were the only two at the park for most of our time there. Luckily for me a woman with a couple of kids showed up just in time. . .

Cole was at the top of a slide and I was waiting next to him. . . and I got dizzy, and prickly (I'm sure those of you that have fainted might understand that description) and knew I should sit quick. I hollered for the woman and asked for help watching Cole and as soon as I slumped on the ground, I woke up. Bizarre, huh?

After I sat for a few minutes and drank most of Cole's water, I felt fine. Doc says it's related to the pregnancy and blood pressure, etc. Oh. . .and that it could happen again, at any time and anywhere. Awesome.

Talk about scary, though! I knew I was going down and knew Cole was at the top of a slide and couldn't do anything about it. I might have had a panic attack on top of the fainting spell if the park was busier and I was worried about someone taking off with him, too! I was smart enough to ask for help and the woman was very willing and kind not to giggle. ;-)

I'm fine now and my dad was very helpful and rushed up to play with Cole for the rest of the day so I could keep my feet up and rest. Thank goodness for retired grandpas.


In other news. . .we met up with the Goguens on Labor Day at Kimball's Farm in Jaffrey for a lobster roll binge. Well. . .I was the only one technically "binging". . .


Cole with Uncle Jack while waiting for our food.




I managed to eat a cheeseburger, half of Cole's hot dog, a lobster roll, some of my sister's coleslaw, and polished off a pumpkin ice cream in the hour and a half I was at the farm. And yes, I made room for dinner a couple of hours later.


One of the neat things about Kimball's is that it is next to a tiny airport. Cole loved watching the planes take off directly overhead. He patiently waited for each to take off . . . here he is with Bill as they're waiting for the next plane. . .


Pretty neat picture.

No comments: