2.22.2010

Yeah, that's a bulldog on my thighs

20 pounds. . .good Lord.

That's how much weight that's stuck around post-Matilda. That's like lugging around an adult French Bulldog. Considering that it's been six weeks since she was born. . .I suppose it's a safe assumption the dog is staying.

So I tried working out today. It's true that it's the dreary, yucky, slushy, salty end of winter around here and that getting outside isn't always an option. I opted to dust off my old Wii Fit and give it a go. Sad, sad, sight.

I used to be the gal that went to Pilates class four times a week. In fact, I was there so much, when the instructor got tired, she'd direct the class to watch my form during the exercises so she could take a break. True story.

I used to go to the gym and run every morning. I even had a couple "gym boyfriends". . . you know. . .the boys that are there at the same time you are. . .and try to keep up with your pace on the treadmill? They are the ones that are totally looking at your screen to see if you're running faster than them. . .but think you can't tell that they're scoping out your machine. Yeah. . .I had a few of those.
And now. . .my Wii Fit age is 41. Good grief. It was tough enough just keeping up with the little Wii people hula-hooping. I'll admit. . .hula-hooping made me out of breath a little. And I'm pretty sure I pulled something.

Ahhh. . .so here we go. I'll be googling "losing baby weight" for the rest of the afternoon. Making dieted dinner menus for the rest of week. . .taking the stairs. . .doing tricep curls in the kitchen with cans of soup. . .and staying away from Chinese take out. Goodbye dear Chinese take out. You will be sorely missed, but not forgotten.

And I decide to share this with you so that yet again, it's in writing and I must stick to it. French Bulldog. . .off to the pound! No pun.

And for some family news. . .

We met Curious George at our local mall this week. I have no idea what Cole was saying to him, but it was serious. And it involved a couple of "ahhh -ohh's". . .which is usually what he says when he's spilled something. I'm sure George was confused.






. . .and a picture of Tilly. . .because I'm trying to remember to take some pictures of the 2nd born, too. . .

. . .and a shout out to my buddy Taryn. . .who had her second beautiful baby girl this week. . .a big welcome to sweet Marleaux Rose! Ya done good, kid.

No comments: