5.22.2010

forget raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. . these are a few of our favorite things. . .

I find that now, especially with two little ones running my world, I forget baby stages and how tiny their fingers and toes are. . .much faster.

Their likes and dislikes and most favorite things change daily.  So mostly for my own benefit, and so I can refer to this post when I inevitably forget. . .here is a snapshot of our most faves right now in the Paradis household. . .

Cole's faves:
  • trains.  But only Thomas.  Apparently we are already a brand-name snob.
  • rocks. 
  • mud.
  • watermelon.
  • the girl next door. . . its starts so early.
  • ice pops.
  • tickling Tilley's toes.
  • throwing toilet paper in the potty.  Lots of paper.
  • drinking bath water.

Till's faves:
  • Cole.
  • having her toes kissed. . . but not always tickled.
  • being tickled right under her arms where she's chubby.
  • bubble baths.
  • her hand-me-down dinosaur mobile.

She has less faves than Cole. . .but she's newer. 
My faves:
  • when Till sleeps through the night.
  • that Cole said "love you too" this week. 
  • being able to go shopping without a meltdown from either child.
  • when naptimes coincide.
  • when bedtimes coincide.
  • when both children occupy themselves long enough so Bill and I can have a semi-civilized dinner together.
  • when Cole actually chews and swallows his food instead of chewing it to a fine pulp and giving it back to me.
I remember a time when one of my top faves was spending a summer afternoon at an outside bar, with a Sam Summer and my honey. . .discussing the world as we saw it.  I also remember a time during Cole's early days when my top fave was just being able to shower that day. . .or within three.  I think we're at a good middle ground at the moment. 

And really, these days. . .watching them enjoy their faves is my top fave.

1 comment:

Healthy Ambitions said...

Now I can comment and follow! Love it...they're both stinkin cute!