6.02.2010

a letter from maaa and dadaddy

Dear beautiful babies,

Sometimes things get so busy and your father and I get in this groove where we don't slow down for weeks.  We are working and cleaning and playing and trying to fit some sleeping in there, too.  Months literally go by in a blink.  You both change everyday and if I don't stop to write about what's important to you now or what new and exciting things you've done recently, it'll be gone.

Cole, I think you are entering a phase that is absolutely blowing our minds right now.  You are saying new words everyday (mostly words that have to do with Thomas the Train, but I'll take it).  You listen to our conversation while we have dinner and sometimes you interject - correctly!  You call me "maaa" and dad is "dadaddy." You've started to kiss me without being asked.  You can say "love you."  And I've even heard you say it to your sister.  Most nights, daddy and I watch you play and look at each other shaking our heads, because you're so amazing.  Our little, tiny baby has so quickly become a boy; talking and playing and loving and saying "thank you." 

Sweet Matilda, you seemed to know exactly what was missing in our family and filled the void.  Already, we can tell you are patient and kind.  You let Cole "hug" you without crying.  You laugh at my silly faces. . .every time.  You know I like an hour with my coffee and computer in the mornings and so you sleep, religiously, during that time.  So many times we will check on you in your bed, just to find you cooing and talking to yourself, happily.  You've got tiny monkey feet like your father and have started to grab onto our necks when we hold you.  I teared up yesterday when you were finally able to move your hand to get your toy.  Nothing makes you happier right now than to watch Cole.  And he thinks you're pretty neat, too.

Someone said to daddy the other day that they "didn't know how we managed with two babies."  And we both agreed.  Life sure is different with you both.  But it's quite obvious the joy you bring to our lives.  You are both so incredibly loved. . . by memere and pepere, and nana and pops, and uncles and aunts and you even have a little friend that cries when you can't come out and play. . .

Thank you for choosing us. 

Love,

Maa and Dadaddy

No comments: