11.08.2010

Argh! You land lovahs seen me Captain Morgan?

People are really scared of clowns. 

Like, seriously scared. 

I thought it might be a nice idea if Bill and I dressed up with Cole for Halloween. . .you know. . .make a tradition of it.  And what would be cuter or nicer or friendlier or not so scary that grown women would scream and run down the street from me?  A clown of course!

True story:  an adult woman actually looked at me, dropped what she was carrying (a candy sack. . .not a child, thank goodness) and hauled off running down the street. . .screaming the whole way.  She must have been drama for Halloween. . .like anyone in their right mind would be seriously scared of a clown. . .

. . .a clown like this. . .


If it looks like I was drinking. . .that's 'cause I was.
Ah, you know?  Now that I'm looking back at this. . .this is actually wicked scary.  I'm sorry to the lady that I sent running down the street screaming on Halloween.  This is my public apology.

We went trick-or-treating with my brother, sister-in-law and adorable little niece.  Cole was a chef.  My niece was a panda bear.  My brother a pirate.  My husband and sister-in-law went as the responsible parents.  And I waved Cole's whisk at unsuspecting children while my brother asked anyone he could if they had "seen his Captain Morgan".  In pirate talk.  Sigh. 

::holds head in shame::

Thinking back on this, I'm pretty surprised no one called the cops on us, actually.  I'm even more surprised I'm telling you about this. . .

Anyway. . .a lovely Halloween.  My sweet boy went up to houses and instead of saying "trick-or-treat" he skipped right to the "thank you." 


It's not that I don't want you to see our adorable panda bear,
but I haven't asked for permission. . and you know how I get about those things. . .
It was freezing.  And Cole is wearing a hat under his chef's hat.  Those aren't braids.  Really.  They're not.

We started our day at a nice Halloween family fun bike ride.  Cole and Bill biked a few miles with Cora and Auntie Colette and Till and I stayed back and got a coffee.


Not everyone is excited for their first Halloween. . .


We only trick-or-treated for a couple of hours and with the cold and all the excitement, it was long enough. 


The best part?  Cole still doesn't really understand (or remember)  all that candy he was given. . .so Bill and I have been snacking on his stash ever since!

This is certainly our last year of that.  Next year, we'll have to share with the children.  And I don't think Captain Morgan will be invited. . .

No comments: