1.14.2009

ritz crackers. . .where?

I hate to put it in writing. . .but want to tell you so badly that I'll risk jinxing us. . .

Cole has slept through the night for about 5 days now!

I was really starting to worry that I'd have a one-year-old that was still getting up in the middle of the night (sometimes twice or more!) but if this new pattern holds. . .we may be in the clear.

He still wakes up to eat more about 1 - 2 hours after we put him down around 7:30 p.m., but then he won't stir until 8:30 a.m.! Can you believe it? I'm starting to get used to this getting the recommended amount of sleep thing. . . I think those people that suggest 8 hours are really onto something.

Besides that. . .it's been so cold here that we haven't travelled outside much. We've needed to use our creative juices to find fun and exciting things to do in the same 12x12 room for days in a row. We've built forts (you're never too young for forts), learned to roll a ball to each other, used soap crayons to draw on our faces, and tried to color. . .but found out crumpling up the paper is much more fun.

Here he is lounging in his PJs all day. . .and playing bongos to the radio. . .




Looks like he really has an ear for the music! ;-)


We've also started eating Ritz crackers. . .and it's amazing to me how many pieces a Ritz cracker can be broken in to. I've not vacuumed as much as I have in the last week. . .and I still find cracker crumbs in places I didn't realize Cole could reach!

Here's a video of Cole eating a cracker. . .and I realize that his mother is probably the only person that will sit happily through a two-minute video of him eating a cracker. . .so I won't hold it against you if you watch a little bit or skip the video all together. . .

. . .there won't be a quiz. . .

No comments: