2.05.2009

He's had a cupcake. . .a Tilty. . .and banana custard.

Here are some pictures from Cole's first birthday party with Memere and Pepere. . .


Enjoying his first cupcake. . .



Really excited about the present Memere and Pepere brought. . .



More excited with the tissue paper. . .


And playing with his Three Little Pigs play set. . .

Big week so far. Clocked in with Dr. M at 20 pounds, 29 inches. Officially a big boy.

We've been given our instructions to slowly wean off the bottle and try a sippy cup. Of course this isn't very easy with Cole. . .he despises sippy cups. He gets really excited to try a regular cup and gets frustrated with the sucking needed to make the sippy work. So I found the "Tilty". . .and it's worked. . .so far.

The Tilty is a BPA-free sippy cup with no valve. This means it isn't spill proof but that seems to be working to our advantage. Cole realizes this is something to eat and not just to bite and throw across the room. At $6 for two shipped right to my door. . .I'm a big fan of the Tilty, too! You'd think I was a paid spokesperson. . .but seriously. . .check it out if you're in the market.
Besides that. . .I'm trying my darnest to find uses for bananas before they go bad. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought two huge bunches of bananas this week. . .but now I have to figure out what to do with them. So far. . .I've made banana custard, banana pancakes, banana-avocado mousse, and have some sliced lengthwise and in a low heat oven to dehydrate for teething treats. Good thing Cole loves 'em.
Have any other banana ideas? Please send them my way!

No comments: