7.03.2008

could it be true?

Cole had a huge development in our sleeping struggle yesterday! I was able to put him down in his crib awake (never able to do that before!), walk away, and after just a few minutes of fussing, he fell asleep! Asleep! For a nap. Without screaming or crying or shenanigans.
I went downstairs and started chatting with a friend on IM and lost track of the minutes that passed until I realized that the monitor was quiet. Figuring he surely had smothered himself in the bumpers I had to put back up. . .I went to check and this is what I found. . .


I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't taken the picture. I can't seem to keep him off his belly so we're not worrying about that. Can't keep him on his back if he's the one rolling over! And after a few mishaps with arms and legs out of the crib slats, I put the bumpers back on for a bit.

He only slept for an hour or so but then did a repeat performance for his afternoon nap in his crib as well! Could we finally be headed on the road to normal sleeping land? Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet but I'll leave you with one more picture of the sleeping beauty. . .and let you know how today goes. Looks like he drools in his sleep just like mom. . . ;-)


No comments: