7.05.2008

our first fourth

Bill and I took Cole to the family fun and fireworks day at the town park. Most days I enjoy living in this quaint little New England town with its rustic downtown, tiny newspaper and folks that wave to me on the street because they remember I went to church. . .once. But yesterday it seemed that all the hillbilly, toothless, dirty residents of our town still sporting rat tails (that long piece of hair in the back that is usually braided) came out for the fun, too. So it was a people watching event for Bill and I as much as Cole's first fireworks!

There was a band playing before the fireworks that Cole didn't really enjoy. I think it was the jazzy horns that did him in. We took a quick walk to snap a picture and then left quickly when Cole let us know of his displeasure. . .

As you can see they were really jazzy.

We tooled around the park for a bit (I didn't realize the fireworks didn't actually start until 9:30 p.m. and we got there about 7:00 p.m.) and Cole watched all the rat tails walking by. He was particularly interested in the other children around.

Here he is with dad. . .


As soon as the sun went down it got chilly and Cole and I both got restless.



Overall he was digging the fireworks and didn't seem bothered by the "booms" but when it took too long in between individual fireworks, he started to fuss and cry. That was completely alright with Bill and I because we weren't looking forward to being stuck in traffic with a crying Cole so we left early and watched the neighbors light off bottle rockets. Just as entertaining!

No comments: