9.07.2008

and he's off!

We've had a busy first week of September - Cole's 7th month! Basically. . .it goes like this. . .Cole crawls away from where I want him to play, finds something gross on the carpet that I missed while vacuuming (again) and puts it in his mouth. Then repeat. All day.


His favorite "thing" to try and put in his mouth are the cats. He'd chase them all day if I'd let him. They have both been good sports about it (yes they. . .we haven't found a new home for Ray yet) but I can see a time coming soon when Cole will feel the pain of a claw. There's a video below of Cole trying to get Orla's paw. Luckily Orla just turns and walks away. (Insider tip: Orla and Ray are the cats. . .I know Orla is a strange cat name. . . I worked with a girl named Orla once and thought it was the strangest thing I'd ever heard).


Most of you know I got a weekend job bar tending. I've been out late a few nights a week now and it's given Bill and Cole some great time together. I get picture texts at work of the fun things they're doing and it makes the night go by a little quicker. Last night it was bongos:



Cole has also been able to sit up lately. Not for very long and not without something to hold onto. . .but it makes him so excited when he can do it. I also caught him trying to pull himself up in his pack and play yesterday. . .




He's got that "you-caught-me-doing-something-bad" face on, doesn't he? Guess it's time to lower the pack and play and the crib mattresses.



And here he is trying to scale the 'wall' of pillows I needed to make to try and contain him.


And finally. . .here's a little action of the crawling lately:


No comments: