9.24.2008

more teeth, rocking dinosaurs and 17 pounds later. . .

We've had a rather boring week. . .but boring is welcomed! Cole got his second tooth but really handled it like a champ. He's been a tiny bit fussy just on the day the tooth breaks. . .besides that he wants to gnaw on every hand he can reach. He's developed quite a bite that hurts if you're not ready for it.

We went for our weight check with Dr. M yesterday and was told we'll need to go back in another 6 weeks. I feel. . .or rather my arms feel that Cole is gaining weight just fine, but he's dipped a little on his 'track' so she would like to check and confirm that the dip is related to his recent increase in activity level. He weighed almost 17 pounds and grew almost another inch from his last check six weeks ago. So long as we have the same growth in October, we'll be all set.

Cole is eating everything I put in front of him. He'll make horrible faces at foods like avocados and peas, but eat them all up and ask for more. All while making a "this is horrible" face. He's having about two servings of fruits and veggies with cereal everyday in addition to his normal milk intake. I'm still convinced I have a future linebacker on my hands.

He's also started to get up on his knees and rock back and forth. We're not quite at the crawling stage yet, but he's scooting everywhere like a pro! I tried to get some pictures this morning of him on all fours, but he laid down every time I tried. He's much more interested in getting a hold of the camera. . .


Cole also sat on his rocking dinosaur this week and loved it. Course he needs to be supported while riding, but I can easily see that this will be one of his favorite toys. He even "pet" the dinosaur nicely when I asked him to! (We finally got rid of both cats this week and Cole has been missing being able to chase them).


Please notice the "wall" of pillows along the drapes so Cole stops pulling on them.
The entire room is lined in pillows!

Finally, I caught Cole playing the bongos this morning on his own. You can see them on the floor in the living room (as every one's set of bongos tends to be!) He crawled over to them and started banging on them and then turned and looked at me and smiled. So of course I grab the camera to take a little video for you of Cole the experienced bongo player and this is what I got:
(and please disregard the Halloween sleep pants I'm wearing. . .)

No comments: