9.17.2008

the campaign trail of losing lotto tickets

Cole hit the campaign trail yesterday with Jennifer Flanagan, the newly elected Massachusetts State Senator! He knows more important people than we do. Here he is with Jen during a final push at the polling centers yesterday. . .


Pops worked for Jen's campaign and can add another win under his belt! (He's quite the catch to have on your campaign and has helped a few other elected officials with their campaigns as well.) Check out her website at http://www.jenflanagan.com/.

Today, we went to the Massachusetts State Lottery Commission. I'll give you the short story. A friend of my grandmother's asked my dad to take her to collect on a winning scratch ticket. Apparently, if you win over $600 but under $50,000 you need to go to their office - an hour away. My dad agreed and Cole and I went for the ride.

It's a safe assumption, and alright for me to tell you that this family friend is a senior citizen. I mean, senior citizen. I needed to help her fill out her paperwork and get her things in order before getting in line at the Commission. I helped her out and then took Cole to get some pictures. It's not everyday my baby is in the Lottery Commission office. . .and I thought it'd be funny to show you.

Cole and I are taking pictures. . .when we hear the man behind the counter say. . ."And what makes you think this is a winning ticket, ma'am?" No way. Ended up she didn't scratch the entire number and somehow mistook a 10 for an 8. . .and dragged my dad, Cole and I on a two hour ride with no pot of gold at the end.

Making matters worse, I got yelled at for taking pictures in the Lottery Commission! Like I was supposed to know that's a no - no. Still got one though. . . hee hee.



Funnier still. . .this picture was taken at the exact time the man in the bottom left corner of the picture is telling the orange-tinted haired woman that her ticket isn't a winner. My dad is actually grimacing in disbelief. . .not really smiling as you might expect.
But I suppose it was worth the picture. . .

No comments: