11.04.2008

stroller strides

My arms are still shaking from my workout this morning. Cole and I joined Stroller Strides today. . .for those of you unfamiliar with the program. . .Stroller Strides is an exercise program for moms that incorporates their babies using the stroller. And before you knock it. . .I have to tell you. . .it was one of the toughest workouts I've had in awhile.


When I told a friend of mine that I was going today, they said "who have you become?" And I agreed. When I told Bill, he looked up at me from a magazine he was reading, nodded, and continued to read. I could never imagine a day that I would be comfortable with the fact that I needed (and might actually enjoy) a mommy's workout group. Today's that day. And I might have been embarrassed if this class didn't push me until I almost threw up.


Cole enjoyed himself too! You can imagine that watching his mom jump rope, grunt during squats, make ridiculous attempts at push ups and pull ups, lunge, run, jog, practically crawl to the finish line and then beg for mercy would be quality entertainment. He didn't make a peep for the 70 or so minutes we were there. He watched quietly and intently and cracked a smile when I made wheezing noises. Not funny, kid. . .not funny.


The class is run at Hampshire Hills (a very nice athletic club in town, for those of you that don't know) and their membership fees are such that I wouldn't be able to even hang out in the lobby on most days. . .so being able to hub-nub with the Amherst moms was entertaining for me. Although my two door Subaru that hasn't been washed since I was pregnant stuck out in the parking lot! ;-)


Because the class is run in their athletic dome, it's chilly and we all need to be bundled up. Here was Cole this morning. . .before class started. . .

And that was his face for the entire class. . .until he saw me struggling to do my ump-teenth sit up. . .that was apparently funny too.

No comments: