3.17.2009

corned beef and cabbage patch kids



Happy St. Patty's day!

Last St. Patty's day Cole got a rash on his face and a trip to the doc's. . .this year it was a bit better. He got his first Cabbage Patch Kid.

Cole played a lot with the Cabbage Patch Kids at our playdate the other day so I thought I'd pick him up one of his own. The one he's playing with today was not the first try. . .the only ones they had at the first store I went to were tiny newborn ones with pink onesies.

Okay, okay. I shouldn't have bought it but I did. Cole really just played with the plastic baby bottle that came with the doll. So I'll have to give that one to my niece. Pops came by today and together we decided the boy needed a decent-sized Cabbage Patch to call his own.

Three stores later we found him. His given name from the patch is Walker Hudson. I'll be changing that as soon as possible. Walker reminds me of George W. . .and we all know how I feel about him. I've started instilling my view of the worst president our country has ever had with Cole as well. So we feel the same on this one. . .

I figure since we got him on St. Patty's Day he ought to have a nice, Irish name. Here are some options from Bill and I (although not all Irish, I know):
Pat
Mitch
Mick
Archie
Colin

If you have any ideas. . .send them my way.

We're not sold on any of them. And you know. . .your Cabbage Patch name has got to stick. Mine was Alfreda Fanny. . .which my mother used to call our rear-ends. Her name was changed to Priscilla the very next day. Where I got the name Priscilla, I don't know. My brother had one named David and the two of them had matching pajamas. . . so I know what pattern I'm picking up next.