4.18.2009

itching for summer

We had a good week. We've kicked that terrible flu finally, but Cole and I have picked up head colds in its place. Could be worse. I'm just happy cold season is over soon.

A good friend of mine sent Cole a couple fantastic birthday presents (thanks again, Taryn!) He received a Kleen Kanteen which he hasn't put down in two days. . . and his own amber teething necklace!
We unfortunately missed Easter with the Paradis'. . .but were sent home with a ton of loot from the Easter Bunny! Thanks so much for the abundant presents. . .you guys always do too much! The stuffed rabbit has become a new pillow and the plastic egg that Memere's 5$ was in is apparently the best toy, ever.

I went yesterday to our local consignment store which was having a gigantic sale and stocked up for Cole's summer wardrobe. It's absolutely nutty how fast this kid is growing. I'll pretend you're interested and show you a picture of what I picked up. . .



Besides the price (which of course I love), I just really like shopping second hand to do my part and give perfectly fine clothes a second life instead of trashing them. And most of what I get is brand named clothing that stands up to numerous washings. . .and lunches where we are learning to use a fork and spoon.

And check out the season's new summer hat and swim diaper! Which, by the way, is a reusable, washable diaper instead of using the disposable swim diapers. I sound like such a hippie!



We also went to the park yesterday with Pops after the three of us went for an ice cream at Hayward's. Cole enjoyed the slide. . .

We left quickly when a mom and her 2 year old daughter came over to the slide. . .and the mother was trying to reason with little Abby about "acknowledging when she was talking to her". If Cole comprehended the meaning of "acknowledging" anything. . .I'd sign him up for college tomorrow. I think sometimes reading the parenting books leads us astray. . . ;-)
This weekend we'll be flea marketing on the hunt for a play kitchen for the little man. He's really enjoyed playing with the one at his buddy's house. . .and I could use a new toy, too!

No comments: