4.12.2009

shhh. . .there's chickpeas in the cookies!

A quick post. . .and a recipe to share. . .


I know some of you will really enjoy making these cookies and some of you will think I'm crazy. I made Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies for Cole today. They were a total hit. . . with all of us!

This recipe came out of that great cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld that Aunt Debbie picked up for me. Check out my post about it here, if you need a refresher.

And I don't know the rules about reproducing a copy written recipe on a blog. . .so keep it quiet. ;-)

1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c margarine
2 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 can (15oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
2 c flour
1/2 c old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 and mix margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt and mix on low until you get a thick batter.

Drop dough by tablespoon on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and cook for about 13 minutes or until set. Voila!

I flat-out lied and said the cookies were chocolate chip oatmeal to get people to try them. When they had that gooey goodness in their mouths. . .then I hit 'em with the truth!







Looks like a happy customer. . .

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I really want to buy that cookbook. Glad you recommend!