10.31.2008

happy halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Cole and I carved this pumpkin the other day. . .well, Cole watched politely while I carved. It's by far my best work. . .I'm usually limited to the triangle eyes, nose and mouth designs.
This was Cole and I last Halloween: the "oh, look, it's two pumpkins" joke is old. . .so don't say it. . .



I got Cole a Halloween costume, but I got it in an 18 month size . . which is way too big for him. Not too sure what I was thinking or when I thought Halloween was. . .exactly. So needless to say, there will be no costume this year. Bill's been teasing about a drawing a moustache on him so we'll see what happens while I'm at work.
Choosing to not bother Cole with a costume is probably a good idea because this week has been a tough one for the little man. Yesterday he slept for a total of 29 minutes all day! He literally chewed his own hand raw. We've tried frozen washcloths, teething rings, my fingers, his fingers, baby Tylenol, baby Ambesol and some old fashioned rocking and cuddling. . .but it doesn't seem to help. We are all hoping this tooth breaks soon.
Cole has been eating very well despite his tooth troubles. He's learned to pick up food and put it in his mouth. He doesn't get the food in every time. . .and sometimes he gets frustrated because the food is clenched in his fist, and his fist is in his mouth. . .but he can't figure out how to get the food out of the fist. It's fun to watch. I tried to take a video of it for you but he's learned to get excited when he sees the camera. . .so he just giggled and forgot there was food in his fist anyway.




We've switched from Cheerios to these organic puffed brown rice thingys. I can't find organic Cheerios anywhere. I've been to the earthy-crunchy health stores, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target. . .you name it. . .trying to find Cheerios that are organic and not flavored. So we decided on puffed rice. It's healthier anyway. We were going to try those Gerber finger puffs. . .but the amount of sugar in those things was appalling! No wonder kids are bouncing off the walls. . .jacked with sugary peach puffs all day. Or. . .maybe the boring un-sugared rice puffs are why Cole's so fussy. . . ;-)
And finally. . .who knew that my old magazines would be the best toys ever? Who needs fancy toys that light up and make noise when you can put a magazine on the floor and entertain a baby for at least 40 minutes?!? Cole looked at the babies in the magazine. . .talked to them. . .and then ripped them out of the magazine and thew them all over the floor. It was the longest period of our day that he wasn't fussing over his teeth:

Oh, and totally unrelated to Cole or this blog. . .check out this blog I found from a woman in NH that writes about great NH related stuff:
It's mostly about how to support local NH businesses and farms. . .but I've gotten some fun recipes. . .check out the Italian Stew with butternut squash. . .yum.

No comments: