1.21.2010

week 2 and Funworld

Matilda and I went for her second check up with Dr. M yesterday. I'm happy to report that she's gained 2 pounds since last week! Her birth weight was 8 lbs and over the course of the week, she dropped to 6.5 lbs. Dr. M was a bit concerned, and asked me to supplement with some formula.

Time for my soapbox: supplementing with formula isn't really an answer. . .especially if you can pump, which I do. But, because we love Dr. M we will afford her this one mistake and keep her. ;-) I wouldn't have given Till any formula, but we still have two large Earth's Best Organic formula from Cole's latter days. . .and it needs to be used. But she still nurses far more than she gets any formula.
Okay, I'm back.
So she gained her weight back. Excellent. Doc says she looks good all around. She's seeming to be an easier baby than Cole (or is it Bill and I that are taking it easy?) but sleeping at night is not her thing. Guess that'll be the common theme of our babies. She does sleep for hours at a time during the day, so I can see a light ahead that she'll sleep at night once her schedule changes. . .or so I hope.

And speaking of babies. . .Cole has been a real trooper. We've had a few meltdowns but mostly his aggravation is directed at Bill and I and not Tilley. He's still very sweet to her and helps whenever he's asked.

Yesterday, we thought it was important for me to spend a little one on one time with Cole outside of the house. The original plan was for me to take him to Monkey Joe's. . .but when we got there, it was closed. So we headed to Funworld. . .

He grabbed two balls from a hoop shot game and wouldn't put them down! They went on every ride we did. . .then, he spent most of his time there kicking the ball and chasing after it. We could have done that at home!


He rode this train about 400 times in a row. . .

Overall, our 2nd week is going well. It certainly isn't easy. . .and there have been a few times when both kids are crying incessantly that I have thought maybe this wasn't a great idea. . .but we just breathe and remember this is only week 2. I don't think I felt human until about the 4th month with Cole. And really. . .now that I'm thinking back to those first few months with Cole. . .why was it so tough to take a shower? Seriously? ;-)

No comments: