8.06.2010

a day at the fair


We went to the fair a few days ago.

Talk about a little guy's heaven!  There were horses and pigs and sheep-shearing and oxen pulls.  Lines and lines of tractors (Cole's new favorite thing. . ."shrackters mum!") and a Ferris wheel (which I don't mess with. . .are those things even inspected?!?) and pony rides. 

Let's not even discuss fair food.  Okay, let's. . .cotton candy and blooming onions. Corn dogs.  Fresh lemonade and hand-cut fries.  "Elephant ears."  A beer garden.  Four words:  sweet. cream. ice. cream.  Amen. 

Unfortunately, Bill had to work but Matilda, Cole and I went with my brother, sister in law and my sweet baby niece. . . or, as Cole calls them. . . "Shack, Auntie and Cora." It was nice to have the help.  I don't realize that you don't really get the opportunity to do things with one child when you're lugging two.

Here are some pictures from our day:
public toilets are exceptionally interesting
shorts must be optional for pony rides.  tattoos welcome.

discussing oxen pulls
clearly the hat is too large, but just look at those big, brown eyes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me friggin' laugh. I love how you've taken motherhood and made it fun!! Its nice to see and exciting to see...now I'll know who to go to when my day comes.

Christine Tibbs....

Erika said...

. . .and do you see my sensible "fair-trodding" footwear in the pony picture? Now if only I was wearing elastic waistband pants. . .