8.30.2010

We're Here. . .If not in mind, then in spirit.

And...we're here.  

Well, the kids and I are here.  Bill is still packing and moving like a banshee.  (Do they even move or was that a silly analogy?)

Here's the thing about moving.  It's terrible.  I've done it about 300 times and you'd think with that much experience, I'd be much more efficient.  I am terrible.  I procrastinate (not only with moving but mostly at life), pack slowly and with care until it's the last possible minute and the moving truck has pulled up...and then everything goes into trash bags.

Usually, the dishes are packed nicely and labeled appropriately and absolutely everything else is a free for all.

This move has not disappointed.

And that's why I'm here and Bill's not.  Well that, and the fact that we're at my folks, and really. . .who wants to be all rushing over to live with their in laws? They're my folks and I'm already scaling the walls.

The good news was that Cole took the move perfectly fine.  I think that kid could be perfectly happy surrounded by fire and brimstone so long as he had his Thomas trains and a few tractors.  And I was worried. . .geesh.  Matilda is far too young to be a concern at this point . . .except that I have to sleep with her in my room.  My new roomie is a light sleeper, by the way.  Of course she is. . .

So I expect Bill to join this crazy train any day now.  He's been driving back and forth, dropping off more trash bags (damn it, Erika!) and then takes off again to return with more.  I unload the trash bag, usually decide it's filled with crap I should have never owned to begin with, and file it away in the "donation" pile.  Which. Is. Huge.

Another good thing about moving here is that my folks are TV addicts and now I have about 1 bazillion channels.  I'm sort of excited to watch my first episode of "Hoarders."  I've heard it's a blast.  And I have a funny feeling it'll look a little bit like here. . .

I'll post some pictures when I finally get to the trash bag that has the camera.  Until then, send good vibes our way. . .we could use some love.  And if nothing else, think of the blog fodder this situation will provide!

No comments: