8.24.2010

an update in pictures

Excuse me for my sheer laziness lately.  I'd like to be able to say I haven't posted because I'm so busy packing, but then Bill would have to comment and call me a liar.  So, I'll just tell you the truth.  I'm lazy.  I'll post more about that at naptime.

For now, check out what we have been doing. . .and by "we" I mean the kids and I.  Bill has been packing all of our stuff. Good thing someone is on point. . .

We spent a night at the beach with Nana and Pops last week. 
he could spend hours and hours just digging in the sand.
and chasing birds.
both are equally important at the beach.
obvious fun (and very little sleep) in the hotel room

a trolley ride with nana that we kept calling a "train". 
huge deal. 
huge.

huge deal for some.
not for others.


Bill and I actually got out together sans children this week, too.  Massive amounts of thanks to my mother in law, who put the darlings to bed and sat in our disheveled living room looking at old pictures until we returned. 

I actually took pictures of my dinner for you. . .that's sort of weird, isn't is?

mussels a la awesomeness

some hand holding over cappuccino
And finally, my sweet little girl has not only gotten her first tooth this week, but has also started to crawl.  Thanks for spreading out the milestones, Till. 




Here's the thing about the 2nd child. . .where you are so excited for these milestones with the first, I could wait forever with the 2nd.  I don't need her to crawl.  I don't need her to walk.  Or talk.  Or eat solids.  Anytime soon.  Because that is. . .so. . .much. .  .more. . .work.


I didn't realize that right around my proverbial parenting corner was the age of "Tilley's tushing me shuft, mum!"  Every.  Three. Minutes. 


So let me issue this disclaimer: while I am very excited and happy for Matilda to be crawling and getting around, this is one more reason that I am not excited to be moving into my parent's house, where we'll have less room than we do here, and have the unfortunate task of somehow separating toys by appropriate age. . .



That said. . .check this out. . .

godzilla of the thomas trains, right?
I'm a-gonna eatchu, Salty!

No comments: